Thursday, February 4, 2010

My poor art therapist is going to need therapy...

She really is going to need some time on someone's couch...and maybe some nice soothing valium and a cozy wrap around sweater with extra long arms.


"you're using an awful lot of black in your painting...I mean most of it is black" (one of the other folks in the studio)
"it's the void that my life is...I have nothing" (said by Soccer mom -  with her lexus, diamond tennis bracelets and razor cut hair - to a skinny kid with almost worn out jeans and sneakers and no coat)
and just when I was about to feel sorry for her ( I mean hey...material things really aren't everything - maybe she's lacking in love an friendship) she adds " My husband won't let me remodel the kitchen because we did it year before last"


Well there went most of my pity...

I couldn't help myself ...I had to ask

"So...the black represents your despair over not being able to remodel......again?"

"Yes" deep sigh and a little sniffle

*blink blink blink* Okay...so maybe she's Martha Stewart and her kitchen is her version of art supplies and software.....

"Do you cook a lot?"

"oh I hate cooking we order out when the au pair isn't in.....but I really want us to have a Green kitchen...eveyone's going green"

I had to wash the cobalt blue paint off of my forehead where my hand automatically went...glasses and hair too.

*blink blink blink*

"You do know that...all of the two year old things that you have in your kitchen right now would most likely go to a rubbish heap..... or some such...thus creating more environmental issues?"

"Oh well...we could give those things to someone less fortunate."

God help me I now have visions of her packing up her Viking range and sub zero fridge and shipping 'em off to Haiti...

2 comments:

  1. gkc...erk...gark...snarfage...much snarfarge...(insert words -they have temporarily deserted us...)
    Cameron and Dreamweaver
    (with our kitchen done in fashionable distressed look for free by 18 cats...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know....I just had to turn back to my painting and not say a thing the rest of the evening. Yeah..they're letting me paint rather than sculpt evidently since I'm worse at painting than sculpting it's acceptable to express myself in paint now.

    ReplyDelete