Saturday, February 13, 2010

Snow's a time machine....or why I'm probably going to hell today..

 
It snowed last night...about 4 to 6 inches which for Atlanta is quite substantial (Hey I live in the south).  This morning I was taking out the trash and the neighborhood urchins were out in force. One of them had actually moved my trashcan up onto the front porch and put it right next to my door. they're good kids.

"Miz Behavin...Miz Behavin...you gonna come play with us?" I declined a couple of times...then their Granny who's about 70 hollered at them " Hush up now! Miz Behavin's got too much dignity to be messin with you fools"


Lord help me..I have no memory of making that first snowball......but it hit her dead center of the chest.
She stood there shocked for a second then she said " Oh no White Girl...I know you D'int".......
so I hit her again.....
and it was on.

That old lady has one hell of a throwing arm.
Too much dignity...what an awful thing to say about a neighbor!


How is snow a time machine? well for about 15 minutes both of us were about 10 years old...tops.




1 comment: